Männerchor "Germania", Freiendiez / Germany
SmartEnsemble, Biedermannsdorf / Austria
Mag. Reinhard Kopschar
l'Ensemble vocal Ganymède, Montréal / Canada
MGV "Frohsinn", Steinefrenz / Germany
vocal ensemble "Musaic", San Francisco, California / USA
Linda Noble Brown
Festival Statesmen Chorus, Adelaide / Australia
THE MELBOURNE PASEFIKA MEN'S CHOIR, Melbourne, Australia
International Video Competition for Male Choirs
WAC 2016 "Win a composition"
Organizer: Alwin Michael Schronen
and AS-Musikverlag Tholey/Saar - Germany
In this international Video Competition for Male Choirs you can win a very special prize for your choir:
a new a cappella composition of Alwin Michael Schronen dedicated to you and specifically tailored to your choir.
There are three categories with different requirements. A choir may only participate in one of the three categories.
Four prizes will be awarded:
- Jury-Prize-Category I: "Low difficulty": The winner receives a composition of Schronen of low difficulty.
- Jury-Prize-Category II: "Medium difficulty": The winner receives a composition of Schronen of medium difficulty.
- Jury-Prize-Category III: "High difficulty": The winner receives a composition of Schronen of high difficulty.
- "Audience Award": The choir whose performance contribution receives the most "Likes (thumbs up)" on YouTube wins a voucher
of 500 euros from AS Musikverlag.
- Register your choir no later than June 30, 2016 by Email: email@example.com
- Record choir on video performing the composition "Ergo bibamus" (Category I) or "MAGNIFICAT" (Category II) or
"Light & Love" (Category III). Important criteria include:
a high-standard of choral singing, good picture- and sound quality, and an attractive presentation.
There are many possibilities: live recordings, music videos, audio recordings with pictures or visual effects.
We know that this will lead to different results, but we have opted consciously for this enriching diversity.
Try to achieve the optimum result for you within the scope of your technical capabilities.
- Upload this video on YouTube no later than September 30, 2016 and make the video first on the status "not listed".
The title should be include the following: "WAC 2016", "Name of the choir" and "Composer and Title of the choral work".
The description should read: "Name of the choir", "Information about the choir's origin, location etc." and the "Name of the conductor".
- After successful upload write and send an EMail with the link to the video "not listed" to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Email must also contain: the complete address and a short vita of the choir and the conductor or the link to the website of the choir,
which contains complete information.
- On October 1st, 2016, the day after the Entrance Deadline (Septembre 30, 2016, midnight), set the status for "public" on YouTube,
advertise your video on social networks and collect as many "thumbs up"
as possible for the Audience Award. "Thumbs up" are counted from October 1 through November 30 2016.
Negative "thumbs down" have no influence on the result.
WAC 2016 Closing Date for applications: June 30 2016
WAC 2016 Entrance Deadline for the videos: September 30 2016
WAC 2016 Publication of the videos: October 01 2016
WAC 2016 Publication of the winners: December 01 2016
Terms and conditions:
By participating you agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the jury.
- The scores of the three pieces must be purchased on www.as-musikverlag.de
or in a music store of your choice in the full number of singers. There is no additional fee to participate in the competition.
- Each choir must have registered no longer than June 30, 2016 by EMail
- All entries, with attached link to the unlisted video on YouTube must be received by Email
on or before midnight, September 30, 2016.
- All participating choirs will be published on the October 1st 2016 on the official WAC-Website
and on facebook on October 1, 2016.
- All contributions will be evaluated and judged by the jury and the winners will be published on December 1, 2016.
- Winners will be notified by Email. If a winning choir fails to respond by Email within 14 days of notification, the second place winner will be
automatically notified and awarded first place.
- Composition-Prizes: The winning-choir will receive a new a cappella choral work of Alwin Michael Schronen in the level of difficulty
of winning choir's competition category, which is specifically and individually composed and dedicated to the choir and its conductor, no later
than June 30, 2017.
- All copyrights (music and lyrics) remain with the authors. The winning-choir has the right to the premiere up to 6 months after receipt of
the composition. The composition will be published.
The judges' decision is final. The jury is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or incomplete entries vi
Email or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider ( ISP), website or other connections, for the availability
or jumbled,failure of computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure in relation to the competition. The jury is not responsible for any
incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by the user of the website.